Re: Finding Unused Identifiers

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: Finding Unused Identifiers
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 08:39:48 GMT

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:25:10 GMT, August Karlstrom wrote:

> I mean "forgotten" variables and functions that were never intended to
> be exported. I know that in Elisp all identifiers with file scope are
> exported, but it would be nice to at least have a list of all
> declared-but-never-used-in-the-same-file identifiers. That would give
> you an hint of what can safely be removed.

As the first easiest(?) step it might help if you generate a list of all
words what has only one instance in that file (and that instance is in an
outermost defvar...)? If the list would have a form what is usable in
compilation mode, then one could go throught it easily and check what
should really be removed...

Br,