Re: unload/rollback question

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: unload/rollback question
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 09:11:36 GMT

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:41:45 +0100, Peter Tury wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible anyhow to "unload" something what was previously loaded by
> load or require? E.g. a mode? Without restarting Emacs.

> Does unload-feature do this? It seems for me that it works only if it is
> "supported" by that mode... (Is unload-feature a new stuff? Since then old
> modes immediately are out of scope...:-(
>
> Could undo be used somehow?
>
> Would this be possible with a little help to Emacs? E.g. evaluating some
> insert-savepoint-now and later a rollback-to-savepoint (like in (Oracle)
> SQL)?

Maybe mapatoms could be used for this? Is it exceptional to use some
OBARRAY instead of the standard obarray? (I saw an interesting example in
the elisp manual 8.3 Creating and Interning Symbols.)

How can I get a list of all the OBARRAYs?

Now I think it is possible to save the all the actual variables and
functions using obarray and later restore the saved state?

Br,