Re: A question about non-window terminals

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: A question about non-window terminals
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:15:34 +0100

Am 07.03.2006 um 09:07 schrieb xinxiang:

I want to set the default face color and fontset by myself, but I still
want to use the default configure while using non-windows terminals.
Is there any function or env I can use to recognize the terminal type?

        (defconst mEV (emacs-version)
          "Keep the Emacs version string,
           that is needed a few times.")
        (defconst mWS (symbol-value 'window-system)
          "Running as some windowing system's client,
           or as slave of a terminal emulator?")

        (cond ((string= "x" mWS)
         (message "Sind in X11")
         (...)
        ))             Ende X11
        (cond ((string= "mac" mWS)
         (message "Sind im Karbon")
         (...)
        ))             Ende Carbon
        (cond ((string= "ns" mWS)
         (message "Sind im Kakao")
         (...)
        ))             Ende Terminal
        (cond ((string= 'nil mWS)
         (message "Sind im Terminal")
         (...)
        ))             Ende Terminal

or

        (if (not (string-match "XEmacs" mEV))
            (load (format "~/.emacs_%s" window-system))
        )

--
Greetings

  Pete

War springs from unseen and generally insignificant causes.
-Anonymous