Re: Problems binding odd C- & M-keys in Elisp

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Problems binding odd C- & M-keys in Elisp
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 11:30:29 +0100

Am 09.03.2006 um 01:25 schrieb Joe Fineman:

What am I missing?

Practise.

Bind your key interactively. Then repeat this last command without executing it but writing it into .emacs:

        C-x Esc Esc C-a C-k C-g C-x f ~/.emacs RET C-y RET C-x C-s

Since I know this procedure already by heart: couldn't someone put a function 'put-last-interactive-key-binding-into-dot-emacs' into the GNU Emacs code?! It could reduce traffic on this list by 1%.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..." [Isaac Asimov]