Re: Finding files with tags

From: mlathe
Subject: Re: Finding files with tags
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:47:23 -0800 (PST)

Lacking? No i guess not. I didn't get it to work in its entirety, but i
didn't really try very hard. (also it was kind of slow, but i think that's
b/c its doing a sed on all of my 12MB TAGS file. I need to do a grep first
or something).

So thanks for the effort. I'll draw something up based on your example.

Another Question. This seems to be a very helpful feature. It seems to me
that my colleagues are aways trying to remember where a certain file lives
or doing a cd ../../../../foo/bar/path to move around. Can you think of a
more common way of doing a similar indexed search? (i guess jde-mode does
this for java files pretty good).

thanks for the help.
--Matthias