Re: SubEthaEdit style networked editing

From: Shug Boabby
Subject: Re: SubEthaEdit style networked editing
Date: 15 Mar 2006 09:04:08 -0800

Mathias Dahl wrote:
> This is a bit off topic and I am not trolling: what are the things you
> need to edit with other people at the same time? I have always
> wondered, probably because I seldom or never has seen the use myself.

Sorry, my other reply was very long. to answer your question more
directly, I believe that the situation where collaborative editing is
most useful is when you find more than one person huddled around a
computer screen, with a designated typist.

With collaborative editing... you can all be adding your 2 cents, and
you see what other people have added, graphically (the background of
each character is colour coded for each user). and the typist is now in
a better position to contribute... without the stress.

If you don't believe me... go grab "Gobby" and use it the next time you
find yourself looking over someone's shoulder (or with them over yours).