Re: Derived Mode 102 Keybindings and Menu

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Derived Mode 102 Keybindings and Menu
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:55:41 -0000

On 2006-03-21, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> This is the continuation of the Derived Mode 101 HOWTO thread.
>> Johan and Stefan were able to help me to set up syntax highlighting.
>> The following file extends the derived mode by adding keymaps, bindings
>> and a menu.
>
> Google around and see how other packages use the easymenu package.
> The typical way to use it is to have somewhere at the toplevel:

 :-) Just realized that the code I included *did not* include a menu.

> (easy-menu-define foo-menu foo-mode-map "Foo mode menu."
>   '("Foo"
>     [...]
>     [...]
>     ...))
>
> and then in foo-mode you do

 and I have menu working for both forks. For cross-compatibility XEmacs
 needs a more verbose approach, including passing the keymap as an
 argument. I will post the template later, when I've got time to
 annotate with some documentation.

 Thanks
 tim

--