newbie needs help

From: len
Subject: newbie needs help
Date: 25 Mar 2006 06:23:42 -0800

I am trying to change the keymapping for the control key and caps lock.
 I have successfully accomplished this through xmodmap in my gui
environment.  I would like to do the same in the command line
environment.  I have read the man pages in xmodmap and have found the
lines of code.  I do not know where to put the code.  I am trying to
learn Linux/Unix and Emacs.

Also because I have a dual boot system I would like to make the same
key swap in my windows XP because I have also loaded Emacs there also.

Len