Re: Problem with after-change-functions hook

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Problem with after-change-functions hook
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:46:30 -0500

> In the buffer I want the hook to be active I get:
> "
> `after-change-functions' is a simple built-in variable.

> Value: (function)

[...]

> and the same for every other buffer, including the minibuffer.
> note - I'm using xemacs 21.4.17 in Ubuntu linux.

In this case I'd first use another name than `function' (this may be the
cause of your problems, and it's an extremely bad choice in any case).

Then I'd try to call `make-local-hook' before add-hook.

And if that doesn't help, I'd ask on compe.emacs.xemacs because it may
simply be a behavior that's different on XEmacs.

        Stefan