Re: isearch-whole-buffer?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: isearch-whole-buffer?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 12:42:34 +0200

Am 25.03.2006 um 23:48 schrieb xyblor:

I find Firefox's "find" (control-f) to be more sensible in this regard, and I am surprised that in the long history of Emacs' development, nobody seems to have shared this view; to such an extent that not only is there no built in function or variable to enable searching the whole buffer by default, there isn't even a convenient workaround.

Could be GNU Emacs dedicates itself to people who have a plan, know what they're doing, and know what they've achieved until now.

And you are right: there is no work-around, there are two: Esc-< C-s and Esc-> C-r.

--
Greetings

  Pete

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for lists of "Ten Best".
-- H. Allen Smith