emacs ctrl-m is RET. how to change for rebinding ?

From: Stefan Horomnea
Subject: emacs ctrl-m is RET. how to change for rebinding ?
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 17:20:12 +0300

Hello,

I want to bind Ctrl-m to a function in .emacs, with:
(global-set-key [?\C-m] 'delete-backward-char)

But then, I discover that I bound "enter" to that function, cause Ctrl-m is enter. How to solve this problem ? I want to insert newline with enter and do delete-backward-char with Ctrl+m.

I googled for a very long time for this, but couldn't find the solution.

Thanks for your help