Re: Hebrew Support

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Hebrew Support
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 01:26:52 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Adi Ron <dushkin@dushkin.org>
>> Date: 01 Apr 2006 17:52:26 +0200
>>
>> I was just wondering, I set mule to "Hebrew" and even `setxkbmap il'
>> and I still can't seem to write anything in Hebrew. I was just
>> wondering if anybody has any tips.
>
> I use the Hebrew input method (C-u C-\ hebrew RET).  But that only
> works to insert Hebrew characters, the right-to-left and bidirectional
> display are not yet part of Emacs.

In the mean time, you can use the picture-mode and C-<

See also:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryBiDi
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?search=hebrew

PLEASE NOTE: Some quantum physics theories suggest that when the
consumer is not directly observing this product, it may cease to
exist or will exist only in a vague and undetermined state.