Re: Problems printing out diary

From: Edward M. Reingold
Subject: Re: Problems printing out diary
Date: 04 Apr 2006 15:47:07 -0500

>>>>> "DJGD" == Dirk J Guerrero Drücker <DirkJ.Druecker@freenet.de> writes:

    DJGD> It is easy to use the calendar and it is easy to display the
    DJGD> appointments by typing "d". But how can I print the appointments for
    DJGD> that day? I tried to mark the region and to print the region. Emacs
    DJGD> always prints out the whole diary file! Can anybody please help me?
    DJGD> Please consider that I'm not an experienced user.

That is happening because what is shown on the screen is the full diary file
WITH SOME LINES HIDDEN.  Printing prints the whole thing!

The best way to use the diary is with the fancy diary display--that way, what
you see is what you get; but the results are computed from the diary file and
hence not editable.  You set:

  (add-hook 'diary-display-hook 'fancy-diary-display)

You may also want to set:

  (add-hook 'list-diary-entries-hook 'sort-diary-entries t)

Since you are in Germany, you may want to change the month and day names to
German (this has been done before, so you can find it on the web).
--

Professor Edward M. Reingold                Email: reingold@iit.edu
Chairman, Department of Computer Science    Voice: (312) 567-3309