Re: emacs is slow while processing a big file

From: Saravanan M D
Subject: Re: emacs is slow while processing a big file
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 14:23:27 +0530

It is a verilog file (text) and its size is 17MB. The mode is verilog.

Saravanan M D <Saravanan.MD@arm.com> wrote on Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:55:39 +0530:

I am using emacs-21.3. When i open a big file and navigate through it.
It is very slow even to get to the next page. If i open the same file
with gvim it is faster. what should i do to speed up this.
Well, you could start by telling us a bit more about the file! What "mode" was it loaded in, i.e. was it a text file, a C source file, or what? How big was it? Is there anything else noteworthy about the file?

Thanks,
saravanan
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy
the information in any medium.
Whoops, sorry, too late! I've actually read your email. I've actually stored its contents. Sorry!