Re: Word wrap / "soft" line breaks

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Word wrap / "soft" line breaks
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 11:24:17 +0200

Sven Havemann <s.havemann@cgv.tugraz.at> writes:

> What I would like it to do:
> ===========================
> A true word wrap mode where long lines fill the width of the window,
> but complete words are put on the next line if they do not fit. Up-
> and down-keys work as expected, going down one line on the screen, and
> not one line of the file.

This is a common request. I don't have any serious problems with it
that I cannot handle in various ways. You might want to take a look at

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/LongLines

or

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/RefillMode

And there is a "category" page for filling:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryFilling

Hopefilly you will find something there.