Re: Emacs in Live CD

From: Cameron Desautels
Subject: Re: Emacs in Live CD
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 13:25:27 -0500

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006 at 06:43:37PM +0530, subramani wrote:
> I tried Ubuntu and Gnoppix (Gnome LiveCD). In both i didnt find emacs.
> What may be the reason to miss emacs in these LiveCD's ???

Emacs can be rather large, and LiveCD makers are nearly always low on
space.  If they added emacs they'd likely have to remove something
else.
--
Cameron Desautels <cam@apt2324.com>

"Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and one
that corrupts your file?" -- Dan Jacobson, on comp.os.linux.advocacy