Re: makeing a buffer stick, preventing the new buffer from override.

From: Rupert Swarbrick
Subject: Re: makeing a buffer stick, preventing the new buffer from override.
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2006 17:35:26 +0100

amit.man@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> i am new to emacs. i've done some java programing with it andthere was
> one thing that kept annoying me. i work with two buffers simultanly
> (split screen), and every time i compile one of them the "compile
> buffer" dont jumped out into a new buffer, it overide one of the
> exsiting buffers. my questions are:
>
> 1. is there a way to make the "compile buffer" jump out into a new
> buffer instead of over an open one?
>
> 2. is there a way to make a buffer "stick", in the sense that it wont
> be over ridden or close unless i allow it?
>
> thanks in advance,
> amit man
A trick I used before I started using ECB, which does that sort of thing
for you, was to open up a third window (C-x 2 in the lower one) and
resize them to the sizes I wanted.

I'd compile once and usually it put *compile* in the right place. If
not, just use some (C-x,b)'ing to put *compile* where you want it. Now,
next time it's run, it already has a window, so won't hijack one of the
ones you want.

Rupert