Re: Calling different kinds of functions, which finish the same job

From: Herbert Euler
Subject: Re: Calling different kinds of functions, which finish the same job
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:50:46 +0800

From: Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:36:55 -0600

No you can't, because your macros call

(f1)
(f1 1)
(f2)
(f2 indent)
(f3)
(f3 1)
(f3 indent)

Sorry for the unclear description.  I may set f by

   (setq f (key-binding " "))

So, f can be only one of f1, f2, f3.  Suppose f is f3, then
my macro will call

   (f3)
   (f3 1)
   (f3 'indent)
   (f3 1 'indent)

The last one will be the one actually executed.

This macro only (with help from Lisp interpreter) checks
the correctness of arguments of functions, which is often
insufficient, since a call may fail even if arguments are right.
So I wonder if there are better sulotions.

Regards,
Guanpeng Xu

Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search! http://search.msn.com/