Re: changing bookmark entry

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: changing bookmark entry
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 10:34:42 -0600

Mike Ballard wrote:
In ~/.emacs.bnk I have a bookmark which opens an existing file; the file
is continually being written to by another source.  So the line the
bookmark code set to open the file to originally, is now way up near the
top of this growing file whenever I open this bookmark.

How can I change the ~/.emacs.bmk entry to make it always open this
bookmarked file and position point at the end of the buffer instead?

Here's the code as it is now:

(("bookmark title"
  ((filename . "<path to some file>")
   (front-context-string . " 18:32:29 EDT 20")
   (rear-context-string . "t)  - Sat Apr 08")
   (position . 8154)))

(goto-char POSITION) will move point to the end of the buffer if
POSITION is greater than (point-max).  So choose the largest possible
buffer position on your platform:

(defconst most-positive-fixnum (eval '(lsh -1 -1)))

--
Kevin Rodgers