Re: removing spaces from a string

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: removing spaces from a string
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 21:30:03 +0200

Peter Tury <tury.peter@gmail.com> writes:
> How to interpret ?\ ?  Where can I learn about this?

I assume in the elisp info documentation.

(info "(elisp)Character Type")

Note that ?\x interprets x specially,
while     ?x  interprets x literally.

It just happens that ?\   (? \ SPC) falls in the default case of ?\,
where its interpreted as space.  But ?\a is not ?a.

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not
want merely because you think it would be good for him. -- Robert Heinlein