Re: No emacs info node

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: No emacs info node
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:20:41 +0300

> From: Sven Urbanski <inf8237@fh-wedel.de>
> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:39:10 +0200
>
> But the file 'dir' is auto-generated, isn't it?
> In other words: why did I have to add these lines ?

The file `dir' is updated by the command `install-info'.  Whenever you
install a new package which has an Info manual, you need to run that
command.  (Depending on package managing systems on your machine, this
command might be run automatically as part of the installation.)

This is the theory.  Why this didn't work in your case, I don't know:
it depends on whether you yourself installed Emacs or it came
pre-installed.