Re: replacing endline

From: kgold
Subject: Re: replacing endline
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:54:42 -0400

I agree with Fredrik.

While there's certainly a 'correct' way to do this, emacs keyboard macros are great for these unusual repetitive tasks. You could define the macro and execute it much less time than you could read the manual to learn the right way.

If it's a task you do constantly, of course learn how to do it. But for one-time edits, keyboard macros are handy.

sarah.dzion@gmail.com wrote:
Hi I want to convert :
72
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

72#17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25

how do I do this using replace-string (or something else in emacs)?
basically I do not know how to specify endline in emacs.

Appreciate the help!
Thanks!
-A