Re: abbrev-mode wizardry needed

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: abbrev-mode wizardry needed
Date: 20 Apr 2006 19:38:02 -0700

One more thing... I'm trying to avoid having the existing text in the
file (e.g., CAT and DOG) interfere with the namespace of the new text
we're entering.  I'd like to separate the newly entered symbols by
prefixing them with some easily typed character like ';'. It's not
working - dabbrev-completion doesn't seem to recognize any sort of
punctuation as part of a symbol.

Our current workaround is to enter the to-be-dabbrev'd tags as z-TAG
instead of ;TAG, but that's slightly more ugly.

Is there a way to hack dabbrev-completion to recognize ';' as part of a
symbol?

Daniel Drucker