Re: Delete comments in region

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: Re: Delete comments in region
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:30:48 -0400

Nikos Apostolakis wrote:
Denis Bueno <dbueno@gmail.com> writes:

Does anyone have any elisp lying around that will, in any coding
mode, remove all the comments from the region?

Isn't "M-x uncomment-region" or "M-x comment-dwim" good enough?

I now see an ambiguity in my wording I didn't before.

I want to *zap* the comment entirely. Delete the comment syntax and the text of the comment itself. Not just remove the comment syntax around the comment text.

However, I figured out one way, but, it doesn't seem like the best way.

;; the following keys should all be entered in succession, but
;; they are commented for ease of viewing
C-x ( ; start macro
M-x kill-comment RET C-x )

;; Then, on the code whose comments need to be zapped:
C-x e e e e e e ;;; as many e's as necessary

-Denis