forward/backward-word in tty Emacs

From: Leonid Grinberg
Subject: forward/backward-word in tty Emacs
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:01:16 -0400

Hi all,

I am using Debian Testing with GNOME 2.12. I prefer to use text-only
emacs (i.e. emacs -nw), within gnome-terminal, because it works nicer
and faster, in my opinion, anyways. I get along fine, with tabs and
everything works out.

The only problem that I am having that is really annoying me is
forward-word and backward-word. As far as I know, there are three real
ways to go forward and back in Emacs.

1) M-x forward-word, M-x backward-word
2) M-f, M-b
3) C-<RIGHT>, C-<LEFT>

1 is impractical for obvious reasons. 3 works fine, but is slow, and
akward to use. I have always used 3 when I used to use graphical
Emacs, but it is not working in text-only mode. Is there any way to
get it to work, because I really miss the feature!

Thanks!

--
Leonid Grinberg
lgrinberg@gmail.com