Re: python mode

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: python mode
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 14:54:23 +0200

Am 23.04.2006 um 13:53 schrieb Gary Wessle:

I got python-mode-1.0.tar.gz and in it there is
doctest-mode.el
pycomplete.el
pycomplete.py
python-mode.el
semantic.cache

should I just move python-mode.el to ../progmodes/ and compile?

No, you better put them all into a place like the site-lisp tree so that they survive a GNU Emacs update! And these files do not seem to be a regular part of an Emacs distribution, so they're better stored outside.

In dired-mode you can mark the .el files and command B, which will byte-compile them.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Make it simple, as simple as possible but no simpler. (Albert Einstein)