Re: identifiing strings and comments in program source files (to skip th

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: identifiing strings and comments in program source files (to skip them over)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:04:06 GMT

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 05:53:01 +0200, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> Peter Tury <tury.peter@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What do you think: can a robust solution be built using this approach?
>
> yes, if you now how (and how much) to wait for font lock to do its job:

Yes, I had a feeling this could be a problem.
When I eval (text-properties-at (point)) I see e.g. (face
font-lock-comment-face fontified t). Can I use this "fontified" for
checking if font lock is done? Or this remains always t if fontified once?
What is this "fontified" exactly? How can I get more info? Please point me
some place in the manual.

Anyway, I would like to get some hideshow ;-)) (I couldn't use hideshow.el
until now for this major mode; now I plan to reuse it somehow, with
modifications.) So I hope fontification will be ready when I search (for
hide/show.)

Thanks!