No return value in doc string

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: No return value in doc string
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 02:27:05 +0200

Hi

Is there any policy for the documentation string of the return value?
The Elisp programming guidelines just mention that the documentation
string for functions should answer the question "What does this
function do?".  So I'd consider leaving out the return value in a doc
string of an interactive function a failure (please have a look at
`next-line' `previous-line' and `make-frame').

Should I report this as bugs or is this a bit over the top?

--
Best wishes

     Dieter Wilhelm