Re: Remote .emacs file

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: Re: Remote .emacs file
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:43:56 +0200

> Does anyone out there know (of a way to do it, or of another way)?

What I've done is to version control my home directory with CVS and
run a CVS server on my home cable modem machine.  One of the first
things I do on a new linux/unix machine, or cygwin installation, is to
check out my home directory and I'm up and running.

I even get version control of the files...:-)

(Note that even though the entire home directory has to be version
controlled, not all files in it has to be.  And they aren't in my
case.  I only actually version control all of the stuff that used to
take me the better part of a day to set up on a new machine)