Re: pcl-cvs on os X over ssh (instead of rsh)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: pcl-cvs on os X over ssh (instead of rsh)
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 23:55:06 -0400

> It should be noted that the command-line cvs binary prompts for a password
> every time and works correctly when supplied a password.  Also I am aware
> I might be able to sidestep this problem by using RSA authentication through
> a public ssh key but I don't want to do this unless its my only option.

PCL-CVS does not provide any way for you to give a password.  So here are
some options:
- use RSA authentication with an ssh-agent (or with an empty password, tho
  it's not recommended).
- try fsh, maybe?
- arrange for ssh to prompt you for a password in a GUI prompt (via
  sh-askpass).  All you need is for ssh to run over a pipe rather than a tty
  (search for process-connection-type in pcvs.el to check which one is used
  in your version and change it to nil if necessary).  Tho I've only tried
  it in an X11 environment.  No idea how/if it works elsewhere.

        Stefan