Problem with "url-retrieve-synchronously" on Mac OS 10.4

From: John Conrad
Subject: Problem with "url-retrieve-synchronously" on Mac OS 10.4
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 11:18:15 -0400

Hello,

In Emacs 22.0.50.1, "url-retrieve-synchronously" gives me an error on
Mac OS 10.4. I am executing the following:

(url-retrieve-synchronously "http://www.google.com";)

And here's the error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Process www.google.com not running")

I'd show more of the stack but the next line is process-send-string()
with a really long GET request parameter and the line after that is
url-http(), with a parameter contain a bunch of weird characters.

I realize this might be the wrong place to send my question. If so,
I'd appreciate any suggestions for how to go about investigating the
issue properly.

I'm not sure it's a bug in emacs since the function in question works
fine on my linux machines.

Thanks for any input,
John Emerson Conrad