save/restore frame positions

From: Robin Dunn
Subject: save/restore frame positions
Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 15:36:41 -0700

Often when I start emacs I find myself creating several frames and sizing/positioning them in a certain way. Is there any elisp modules out there that will let me save the current state (size and position at least) of all the frames and then restore that state later? I've tried a few modules several months ago that sound like they could do things like this, but they either just dealt with the current frame, or just plain didn't work. I already use the desktop module to save/restore the state of the buffers for my various projects, so it would be nice to also be able to do the frames too.

Robin