speedbar & emacsclient

From: Martin Slouf
Subject: speedbar & emacsclient
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 15:07:30 +0200

hello,

im encountering a strange (ie. unwanted) behaviour of speedbar while running a
lot of emacsclient created frames/buffers.

I usually edit my mail from mutt using emacsclient for qucik startup.  when i
close the emacsclient frame, i end up in a mutt and send email.

so far, so good.

But sometime (dont know when or why, maybe it has something to do with the
focus) the mail i have just editted (the file from /tmp/mutt-......) is shown
in my speedbar.  speedbar is changed to normal buffer and i have to close it
and re-open with (speedbar) command.

i use custom hooks for server-visit-hook and server-done-hook.  In
server-done-hook i call kill-buffer to properly close the file.

- - - -

(defun emacsclient-custom2()
  "Usage in server-done-hook"
  (if window-system
      (progn (kill-buffer (buffer-name))
             (delete-frame))))
(add-hook 'server-done-hook '(lambda() (emacsclient-custom2)))

- - - -

any solution to this (ie. close the emacsclient window and leave the speedbar
untouched)?

thanks.

martin.