Re: Deleting nameless BBDB Entry

From: Burton Samograd
Subject: Re: Deleting nameless BBDB Entry
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 08:34:04 -0600

Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk> writes:

> Yes, I know. It's a bit of a worry, but BBDB could do with some
> recoding. The user interface hooks are fairly nice and usable, though,
> and I suspect its still quite widely used. Perhaps "feature complete"
> rather than abandoned is more appropriate.
>
> I thought that something based around muse (in the same way that
> planner mode is) would be quite nice, even if the searching
> capabilities left something to be desired.

I just found planner a couple of days ago and I have been using it
quite a bit, including starting the contact database that I was
planning on moving into BBDB from various sources.  Planner/wiki is
nice because you can make a pretty nice free form tag or header based
database with embedded links without having to worry about *any* file
format (other than the simple wiki markup in your file), and it works
well with external Unix tools if you follow something like the
email/usenet message structure format.  I'm still in the design
process and trying some ideas, but wiki/muse is a really nice place to
start that doesn't require any coding to get your data in a ... uh
... base :)

--
burton samograd                                 kruhft .at. gmail
kruhft.blogspot.com     www.myspace.com/kruhft  metashell.blogspot.com