Re: make ispell-word bahave like flyspell?

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: make ispell-word bahave like flyspell?
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:59:15 -0700

>>>>> "emacs" == emacs user <emacs_user@hotmail.com> writes:

    emacs> my questions...: (1) is there a way to use flyspell under
    emacs> xterm to correct words (as opposed to only highlight
    emacs> mistakes, which it does do)

Yes, I do this all the time, and I don't think I needed to take any
special action -- simply turning on flyspell-mode does it for me.

I think your problem is that you're assuming that the _only_ way to
correct a word is via the middle mouse button.  But in fact, you can
also type C-. to correct the word (and if you're lucky, you might also
be able to do it with M-TAB, although emacs might not "hear" M-TAB,
since many window managers "steal" that key sequence).

--
"I said, `Shut up!' " Ms. Glass recalled ... " `You do not!
Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!' So I went to Nina, my boss, and

        --- Julie Salamon, in the New York Times