.emacs code for xemacs

From: Gary Wessle
Subject: .emacs code for xemacs
Date: 15 May 2006 07:05:27 +1000

Hi

I must admit, I get this code in my .emacs and it has been taken from
some source some time ago, now I don't even know if it is appropriate
to keep, since I am not using xemacs, but emacs. it looks to me that
it updates the colors when hitting C-l, but would it not be better if
just I remove replace it with
(global-font-lock-mode t)

here it is ****************
(if (not xemacs-p)
    (progn
      (global-font-lock-mode t)
; If using global-font-lock-mode, make control-L update colors
      (global-set-key "\C-l"
                      (function (lambda (arg) (interactive "P")
                                  (font-lock-fontify-block 100)
                                  (recenter arg))))))

thanks