RE: save/restore frame positions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: save/restore frame positions
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:50:19 -0700

    > A frame configuration saves the sizes and positions (and more) of all
    > frames. It is not, however, persistent. What you want to do
    > is save a frame configuration across Emacs sessions. That is the only
    > code you would need to write.
    >
    > I believe, however, that there are already libraries that do that.
    > desktop.el is one that comes to mind, but I have never used
    > it - someone else can confirm or correct this.

    I also use desktop.el, and have for several years.  It is primarily
    focused on saving the list of buffers with their files, directories,
    point and mark and various buffer-local variables.  If it can
    save frame configs I haven't seen how to do it, but perhaps that
    would make a good extension...  If I have some more time to spend
    on this perhaps I will give it a try.

Sorry about misleading you. I don't use desktop, and I thought it restored
frames too (they are part of the "desktop", no?).

If you do extend desktop.el to do that, think about making that an option,
as some people might want to turn it off.