ecb-mode under debian/testing

From: Gary Wessle
Subject: ecb-mode under debian/testing
Date: 20 May 2006 18:00:54 +1000

Hi

does any one knows whether ecb "emacs code browser" works right off
the installation when installed under debian/testing?
I have all installed according to debian apt-get but when I C-h v
ecb-aut<tab> to reveal `ecb-auto-activate' I get [no match] and so is
the case with other variables from ecb.
my setup for 'auto-mode-Alisa' in my .emacs is

;; this is needed for semantic and ECB to work correctly
(setq auto-mode-alist
  (append '(
    ("configure.in" . m4-mode) ;; some c++ configurations
    ("\\.m4\\'" . m4-mode)
    ("\\.am\\'" . makefile-mode)
    ("\\.cpp\\'" . c++-mode)
    ("\\.py\\'" . python-mode))
   auto-mode-alist))

also my load-path has the correct installation directory of semantic
the only variables I have for ecb when C-h v ecb<tab> is

ecb-help-html-path                 ecb-help-info-path

thanks