Re: stop resizing after toolbar and menubar off

From: Tim
Subject: Re: stop resizing after toolbar and menubar off
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:00:18 GMT

David Kastrup wrote:
Tim <tim@mr-dog.net> writes:

I'm turning off my menubar and toolbar and have been for a while using:

(menu-bar-mode 0)
(tool-bar-mode 0)

But, I've just started to use speedbar too :) Now, the problem is I'm
starting up speedbar at the end of my .emacs file which starts
speedbar ok, but with one little annoyance...

When speedbar starts it sizes itself the same height as the main
frame, but, the menu and tool bars don't remove themselves until after
.emacs has been completed, which is after the speedbar has sized
itself.

This leaves the speedbar longer than the height of the main window :(

Anyone any ideas how I can fix/work around this?

Use X resources for removing menu bar and tool bar.

See

(info "(emacs) X resources")
 Press C-x C-e here --------^

Perfect! Thank you! (btw, the above caused an lisp error here!?, but searched within info and found it though :).

Cheers,

Tim