Re: newbie: wordstar keybindings on AuCTeX

From: Luis Rivera
Subject: Re: newbie: wordstar keybindings on AuCTeX
Date: 24 May 2006 12:37:37 -0700

David Kastrup wrote:

> Both wordstar-mode and AUCTeX are major modes, you can't have both at
> once.

David: I know both are major modes; my question is whether someone has
written a series of macros to overrule AUCTeX's default key bindings
and make WordStar/Borland assignments; or else some guidance on either
how to turn the ws major mode into a minor mode, or how to save new key
bindings into an elisp file for future reuse. (If it is possible to
load them at start up, much better!)

> [snip] I patched the escape sequences for addressing my
> self-written terminal emulator into the binary with the help of a
> debugger.  That was actually the regular and documented way:
> configuration programs where you could just enter your terminal's
> escape sequences interactively were invented only later.  Computer
> literacy expectations from a computer user at that time were somewhat
> different than they are nowadays.

I remember those days; I even remember my school assignments written
*on a typewriter*. Compared to nowaday's computer-addiction it was
really hard, but reliable...

> "Everlasting love" is an ideal even more illusionary in computing than
> in romance.

... perhaps not in typing. I keep my old Olivetti. The most reliable
document preparation system I ever tried!

Cheers!

Luis.