Re: emacs conflits with SCIM

From: Guo Wei-Wei
Subject: Re: emacs conflits with SCIM
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:10:34 +0800

Leon and Jijun Ma, thank you.

I'm using Gentoo. I just emerge emacs-cvs. SCIM worked fine before I
reinstall my whole system. I don't know whether it is compiled with
"--without-xim" or not. I don't know how to check the make config. Can
you tell me?

And I also did some test. Someone said the problem might be related
with .font.conf, locale and xim environment. I set locale as
zh_CN.utf-8 in .xinitrc, so do xim. And I also wandered it might also
related with my window manager. Then my test is following:
First, run "startx" without .font.conf, .fvwm, and .xinitrc. The
default wm start and I run "scim -d" manually. scim started
successfully but emacs cannot toggle scim.
Second, run "startx" with .font.conf and .xinitrc (which calls fvwm),
and without .fvwm. The default fvwm start and I run "scim -d",
scoket-frontend start and x11-frontend failed. If x11-frontend start
fisrt, stocket-frontend failed. And emacs failed to toggle scim under
both situations.
Third, run "startx" with .font.conf, .xinitrc, and .fvwm. Things go
the same as previous situation.

So I think the problem is both on SCIM and on emacs. Could anyone give
me any hint?

My SCIM version is 1.4.4.
My .xinitrc is :
export LANG="zh_CN.UTF-8"
LANG="zh_CN.UTF-8" scim -d
export XMODIFIERS=@im=SCIM
export GTK_IM_MODULE="scim"
export QT_IM_MODULE="scim"
fvwm

2006/5/25, Jijun MA <jjmmma@gmail.com>:
"Guo Wei-Wei" <wwguocn@gmail.com> writes:

> Someone said it is gnome-setting-daemon that causes the problem, but I use
> fvwm and there is no gnome-setting-daemon. Could anyone give me any
> suggestion?
I am using Emacs 22.0.50 in fvwm and with gnome-setting-daemon started
SCIM works well.

--

           Regards, Jijun MA
           College of software engineering, Zhejiang University