Re: dired-do-copy

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: dired-do-copy
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 14:54:59 +0200

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 25.05.2006 um 12:54 schrieb Andreas Roehler:
>
>> "Symbol's value as variable is void: dired-recursive-copies"
>>
>> However: this doesn't happen with emacs -q.
>>
>> Any idea?
>
> It's obviously some setting in a site-specific file ... The
> *Messages* buffer should name the files loaded at start-up in
> which the setting could be found.
>
> Did you make GNU Emacs 22.0.50 with 'make bootstrap?'
>
> --
> Mit friedvollen Grüßen
>
>    Pete
>
> "Isn't vi that text editor with two modes... one that beeps and
> one that corrupts your file?" -- Dan Jacobson, on
> comp.os.linux.advocacy

Usually I run the CVS Emacs without any installation
straight from the source with

~/emacs/src/emacs -q --debug-init  --load ~/.gnu-emacs-cvs-custom
--load ~/.gnu-emacs-all-cvs &

i.e. specifying my own init scripts.

As it works with `~/emacs/src/emacs -q', can't imagine
that a not done `make bootstrap' might be the cause.
Should I be erroneous here, please send some more detailed
reasons.

As far as it concerns `dired' I have in

~/.gnu-emacs-all-cvs

(dired "/home/speck/progarbeit/emacs")