Re: How to stop time-consuming operations?

From: Sebastian Tennant
Subject: Re: How to stop time-consuming operations?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:05:53 +0100

Quoth kj <socyl@987jk.com.invalid>:
> How can I tell Emacs to abort the operation?  Ctrl-G is not doing
> it...  (I have a lot of other buffers open, so I'd really prefer not
> to kill Emacs altogether.)

I don't think there is a way, other than killing the Emacs session.
However, 9 times out of ten Emacs exits cleanly when killed, i.e.,
auto-saves are performed if needed.

Then all you have to do to restore all your buffers (and their
contents) is:

  M-x recover-session

and answer 'yes' a few times.

sdt