Re: simple question about question mark on linux emacs

From: Leonid Grinberg
Subject: Re: simple question about question mark on linux emacs
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 09:00:22 -0400

That is happenning because your remote connection is sending the ?
character to the shell, before Emacs. I do not remember what ? does,
but here is an example:

The UNIX command to delete a character is ^h (control-h). It is
simplified with <BACKSPACE>. If I log in to some machines with SSH and
press backspace, it sends ^h to Emacs, and opens the help menu.

I do not, however, know how to fix this, just yet.