Re: jump next previous - tag bookmark or search

From: Adam
Subject: Re: jump next previous - tag bookmark or search
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 10:02:43 +1200

Thanks Stefan, good point.

This is how they are presented in 57.3.4 Local Variables in Files in the Gnu
Emacs Manual, although that section takes some reading for me to somewhat
understand. Like;

- The Local Variables list goes later in the document, or at the end; so as
not to interfere with other programs expectations about contents of the
first few lines, and

- in 57.3.4 example, comment-start and comment-end have been defined as ;;;
and ***  but probably just for example. Hence your reply.

However my point was that, turning on outline-minor-mode seems to deselect
Lisp-mode (the high-lighting goes), I'm uncertain what happens to
Slime-mode, and it would seem that a specific order for turning on the
three modes seems necessary. In this case;
- outline-minor-mode (first)
- slime-mode
- lisp-mode

And that just seems strange to me. Suddenly almost requiring a Local
Variables list. It appears these modes can alter or switch off each other,
depending upon which order they're initiated.

Thanks for your comment.  I'll keep plugging away.