Re: length of query-replace-history list

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: length of query-replace-history list
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:34:35 -0600

B. T. Raven wrote:
Is it possible to set the maximum length of this variable to 2? I want to
write the from and to strings either to an association list or to a buffer
with one dotted pair per line. Maybe this is equivalent to repeatedly
setqing it to nil. ??

,----[ C-h v history-length RET ]
| history-length is a variable defined in `C source code'.
| Its value is 30
|
| Documentation:
| *Maximum length for history lists before truncation takes place.
| A number means that length; t means infinite.  Truncation takes place
| just after a new element is inserted.  Setting the history-length
| property of a history variable overrides this default.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`----

So (put 'query-replace-history 'history-length 2)

--
Kevin