Re: Waiting for a condition

From: spamfilteraccount
Subject: Re: Waiting for a condition
Date: 4 Jun 2006 23:19:55 -0700

spamfilteraccount@gmail.com wrote:

> Is there a way to yield the execution here and wake it up when the
> operation is finished (with timeout), without having to poll the
> condition? I know sit-for returns is input is available. Should I
> generate some kind of dummy event to wake sit-for up? But what event?
> Mouse move?

I thought this question was trivial and someone could answer it right
away. Is it not possible to do it in emacs?

I can generate an input event, but then I think that event should be
consumed by someone and it should not affect the user experience, so it
may not be rivial.

Or am I using the wrong approach and there is an other mechanism which
is more suitable here than sit-for?