Re: gnuserve switches to the old Emacs window but does not open the file

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: gnuserve switches to the old Emacs window but does not open the file
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:57:35 +0200

Bernhard Koenig wrote:

I just realized that I should use "gnuclientw -sqf" instead of "gnuclientw -F" (which I used). So forget about the 10061-error. Now if I use "gnuclientw -sqf filename.txt" then we are back at the old problem. emacs opens one window but upon further use of "gnuclientw -sqf filename.txt", the windows pops up but does not load the file. Error again "Unable to reply from the server = 10054".
Looking at the error codes (see for example http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/windows_sockets_error_codes_2.asp) it looks like 10054 is "Connection reset by peer" and 10061 is "Connection refused". (I got confused, thought it was 10060 which is "Connection timed out".)

Could it be something with a firewall? I guess you use a software firewall too?