Re: Bitstream Vera Sans Mono Display Problem on emacs-snapshot

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Bitstream Vera Sans Mono Display Problem on emacs-snapshot
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 00:05:23 +0200

Am 13.06.2006 um 23:02 schrieb CyberSnoopy:

I've changed it, but come out to be useless...
to reload your xresources
xrdb -load ~/.Xresources
or xrdb -merge ~/.Xresources

Did you launch a new Emacs after this?

I have no other clue -- except this: did you invoke ttfmkfontdir or mkfontdir in the directory where you installed the fonts? X11 needs these files, without them the font might be unknown so GNU Emacs can't find any/the right glyphs ... which does not explain that it works with Serif variant.

Once you've created the fonts.dir and fonts.scale files you need an 'xset fp rehash' and need to launch another Emacs to see any change.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised."