Re: removing the echo area

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: removing the echo area
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:35:39 -0600

Jason Grieves wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to read this email. I am currently operating a piece of software in emacs that requires the entire screen, i.e. the number of rows. In other words, because emacs takes the top and bottom rows of the tty, the software will no longer load. We can trick the software into thinking it loads but sadly the words get all jumbled up.

We have found a way to remove the menu bar, but is there any way to remove the echo area as well?

Do you mean you are running your program from Emacs via `M-x term'?
That should set up the terminal so that your program can query the
terminal configuration and display properly.

--
Kevin